9.08.2006

Pondering Blogs


I'm not even sure why I HAVE a blog. I never update this stupid thing.

My favorite thing about writing a blog is that, months later, I can look back and see what I was doing at the time. But I hate detailing the minutiae; why should you care -- why should I care -- what I had for dinner Tuesday, or that I was feeling blue Friday, or any of the thousands of other transitory things that happen from minute to minute? And the Big Stuff, well, I'm too busy experiencing it to write it down, and if it's too emotional, I wouldn't.

I seriously doubt anyone wants to hear, say, about my relationship with my family (because there's no way I can portray that with humor yet; I suspect I'd whine) or the tribulations of writing a first novel.

Yes, I vacillate between "I like blogging! It's like talking to myself on paper!" and "Uh, people see this, you know! If you haven't anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all!"

Probably a common thing; I guess it's like writing. You decide what you like to do and do it -- or shut up about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home