6.14.2006

I Like Slush

Browse if you dare (link is nofollow).


I have a confession to make.

I like reading slush.

Sometimes, when I should probably be working, I'll go to iUniverse, or Author's Den, or (shamefully) rosedog.com, and dig through until I find some really delightfully awful prose.

And then I giggle to myself about how horrible it is, and feel vicariously embarrassed for the author, and contemplate blogging about it, tearing it into little pieces for my own amusement.

I don't, usually, though I have to admit to a certain amount of pity for these folks; part of the shudder of enjoyment is very much horror that that might be me under different circumstances.

And I've seen authors who were dissected rant and rail against the hand wielding the knife, and I can't help but feel sorry for them even though they asked for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home