5.24.2006

Scam Artists Are Everywhere

Barbara Bauer is on Writer Beware's Top 20 Worst Agents list


Absolute Write was a great source of entertainment and a little enlightenment for me last year when I was still thinking about maybe writing something else again someday. While I don't really participate there anymore, nobody should have their hosting yanked because of some blustering bully.

So, while I am usually not one to jump on internet bandwagons (since there's usually no one driving, as the proverb says), I'm participating in this one. No business, legitimate or otherwise, should be allowed to use the chilling effect on people who speak out against it, and Barbara Bauer is no exception.

See James C. Hines' post for more information, or Miss Snark's post about it. There's more on Dawno's blog as well (but watch for the lime green background, it nearly made me go blind).

Here's the (I think anyway, since I've never used a technorati tag before) from Dawno's post.

3 Comments:

Anonymous kira said...

Thank you for helping to spread the word. Nothing like a little grassroots marketing!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Dawno said...

Thanks for using the tag, that's how I found you tonight. My apologies for nearly blinding you - it seems such a nice pastel shade of green on my computer!

I will re-think the color scheme!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger tlh said...

Awww, now I feel bad! I like green, it's just that I have sensitive eyes -- and on my screen it's a definite electric lime.

And I'm just glad I figured out how to 'ping' technirati via blogger! I couldn't figure out why I wasn't showing up under the tag until I did a google.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home